How much exercise do you get?
The Liverpool Health Promotion site claims that only 20% of adults in Liverpool are getting sufficient exercise to maintain healthy living. Increasingly sedentary jobs and modern technology means that day by day we get less exercise, simply down to the routine of everyday life. Not only does regular exercise help you achieve a healthy weight and size, it can reduce the risk of diseases and improve mental wellbeing.
Luckily, there are many ways to slip exercise into the lifestyle that you already lead. Incorporating some of these into your daily routine increases activity, ultimately increasing the exercise you receive!
- Take the stairs, not the escalator or lift
- Practice exercise desk routines at work
- Get off the bus a stop early and walk the rest
- Replace some car journey’s with cycling
- Put your all into housework/gardening – use those muscles!
Or alternatively, come and try out one of our classes at Healthiness!
Liverpool Health Promotion